Yoga postures and breathing practices will create a self-healing and awareness that an expensive office chair cannot. Invest in a regular at-work yoga practice and
you will outlast that chair.
Workplace tips to heal seated back pain
1. Walk around every 30 minutes (helpful hint: go get water, chat, visit the restroom, repeat)
2. Count your inhale and exhale.
Elongate your exhale to relax your shoulders and sink heavier into your hips.
3. Uncross your legs, place your feet flat on the ground facing your current task.
4. Lift your chin and gaze down the tip of your nose to
re-establish the spinal curve in the back of your neck and work your eye muscles.
5. Sit on a block/book/blanket to tilt your hips forward, creating a spinal curve in your low back.
6. Pull in the muscles of your lower abdomen (pubic bone to belly button) to stabilize your core.
Yoga cultivates objective and kind self-awareness. As you form new habits and think of your posture throughout the day, go through the 6 Steps and be grateful for noticing.
Borrow tips to bring to work from this Chair Yoga You Tube Video.